Discover a REAL KIWI nature experience within easy reach of Wellington on the picturesque Kāpiti Coast.
Ngā Manu Nature Reserve offers you, your family and visitors a unique opportunity to have a hands-on experience with nature and combines education with a great day out. See New Zealand’s rare brown kiwi in our Nocturnal House and meet native birds in our walk-through aviaries. Watch or participate in feeding endangered long-fin eels, spot native geckos and get up close to the ancient tuatara. Take an easy stroll through one of Kāpiti’s largest remnants of coastal lowland swamp forest in this idyllic bird sanctuary.
- Become a Friend of Ngā Manu to enjoy unlimited visits.
- Treat yourself to an overnight stay in Theo’s Cottage.
- Book a Ranger for the Day Experience.
- Join us for our daily 2 pm eel talk and feeding.
- Discover our Kiwi Guardians adventure.
- Find Manu the monster as you hunt for the Wellington Wild Things.