Escape to the serenity of Ngā Manu and be surrounded by nature. Enjoy the Reserve without other visitors and experience an unforgettable dawn chorus in the morning.
Theo’s Cottage is set inside Ngā Manu Nature Reserve and provides a wonderful, unique short stay-over option for visitors to Kāpiti. Self-contained, sleeps two adults and two children comfortably. Enjoy bird-watching from the comfort of your living room or deck with a view out over the main pond. Located just five minutes drive from shops, bakery, takeaway, cafes/bars, outdoor summer pool, parks, numerous bush walks, stunning beach and river it makes for the perfect get-away.
- 2 single beds in a private room.
- 2 single mattresses for children – available on request.
- Pillows, blankets and towels are provided for each guest. Full bed linen is available for each bed by prior request ($10 per person). Please bring sleeping bags for children.
- Lounge area with TV.
- Shower room.
- Laundry facilities – washer and dryer.
- Kitchenette with fridge, microwave, kettle, toaster, electric sandwich-press, electric hob and cookware.
- 2 column heaters provided and a bench-top fan.
- Gas BBQ available on request.
- Ample parking / secure site.
- Wireless broadband available on request.
Rates per night:
May to Sept: $100.00 (2 people).
Oct/Nov/March/April: $120.00 (2 people).
Dec/Jan/Feb: $140.00 (2 people).
Additional Children: $15.00 per night.
Linen available for each bed: $10.00 per person per stay. Includes, sheets, duvet, duvet cover and pillow cases. Please bring sleeping bags for children if using the mattresses.
Your accommodation cost covers entry into the Reserve during your stay. You can supply bed linen or let us know if you would like us to provide it. Check-in is between the hours of 2 pm and 4:30 pm and check-out is by 10:30 am the following day.
Please note: No pets allowed. No smoking.
Theo’s Cottage Accommodation Enquiry
We shall endeavour to respond to you within a few days. If you need accommodation urgently please call us on 04 2934131.
A Review of Theo’s Cottage:
“In the evening of Monday, March 30th, we pulled into Ngā Manu Reserve (aka paradise). We couldn’t quite believe we were staying at the gorgeous Theo’s Cottage. We were instantly off exploring, meeting pukekos, waterfowl, cheery fantails and ancient swamp forest within two or three steps. Jane went to ascend the watchtower and have a wee cry at the serenity. Meanwhile I tried to capture the evening in a time-lapse. Pleasingly, there was a moon angling through the frame. Serenity is however not easy to ‘get’, and many a time-lapse was simply a compromise, as I have a knack for ‘missing the moment’ (due to my being transfixed by amazingness in every direction, followed by becoming indecisive about what to point the camera at).”
Jane & Carla